It’s been awhile since I’ve written anything because believe it or not, it can be difficult coming up with ideas to write about. So I thought this would be something interesting to talk about and see if I can get any opinions.
As many of you know I am a concert junkie. It is one of my favorite things to do and would spend every penny I had on tickets if I wanted to see someone bad enough. It’s a weakness, honestly. It has become very difficult for me to keep track of everyone I’ve seen perform and who I would like to. So I’ve come up with a list of everyone I can remember seeing from most recent to my first concert. Some of which are embarrassing but I am not ashamed!
- G-Eazy w/ A$AP Ferg @ the Midland 2016
- Chance the Rapper @ the Midland 2015
- Sublime with Rome @ Power & Light 2015
- Wiz Khalifa & Fall Out Boy @ Cricket Wireless 2015
- Grassroots Music Festival Council Bluffs, Iowa- Mac Miller, Logic 2015
- Tyler the Creator @ the Midland 2015
- The Rolling Stones w/ Ed Sheeran @ Arrowhead Stadium 2015
- Boulevardia- MSMR, The Architects, The Mowgli’s @ the Westbottoms 2015
- Milky Chance @ the Midland 2015
- Lorde @ the Midland 2014
- Kings of Leon @ Sprint Center 2014
- Group Love w/ MS MR @ Power & Light 2014
- Alt J @ the Midland 2013
- Ed Sheeran @ the Midland 2013
- 2 Chainz, Juicy J, Tyga & Tech N9ne @ Sprint Center 2013
- 311 w/ Cypress Hill @ Starlight Theatre 2013
- Kanye West Yeezus Tour w/ Kendrick Lamar @ Sprint Center 2013
- Big Time Rush @ Sprint Center 2012
- Drake w/ Kendrick Lamar & A$AP Rocky @ the Sprint Center 2012
- Farm Aid- Willie Nelson w/ Dave Matthews Band @ Sporting KC 2011
- Mac Miller, Kid Ink & Machine Gun Kelly @ the Crossroads 2011
- Kanye West & Jay-Z Watch the Throne Tour @ Sprint Center 2011
- New Kids on the Block & Backstreet Boys @ Sprint Center 2011
- Justin Bieber @ Sprint Center 2010
- Jonas Brothers @ Sprint Center 2009
- Jonas Brothers @ Sprint Center 2008
- Backstreet Boys @ Cricket Wireless 2005
My favorite venue to go to is definitely the Midland in Downtown KC. This place is beautiful and all shows are general admission therefore the earlier you get there, the closer you can stand to the performer. The also have balcony seating which I have sat in and since the place is so small it’s just as enjoyable. The Crossroads, also in Downtown KC, is perfect for outdoor concerts plus Grinder’s pizza is to die for.
Some of my favorite performers I have seen are Mac Miller, Drake, Alt J, Kanye West, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Sublime with Rome and MS MR. Although I have never been to a concert I have not enjoyed, I recommend seeing these artists if you get the chance even if you’re not much of a fan.
Here’s some people I have yet to get the opportunity to see but hope to have them checked off the list in the near future… A$AP Rocky, Asher Roth, Beyonce, Big Sean, Casey Veggies, Childish Gambino, Chris Brown, Future, J. Cole, K Camp, Kid Cudi, MGMT, Rihanna, Schoolboy Q, Skizzy Mars, Usher, Vince Staples and The Weeknd. If any 90’s rappers decided to go on a comeback tour I would be down for that as well.
The amount of money I’ve spent on concert tickets I probably could’ve paid for college but you know, you can’t take it with you. S/O to my cool parents for getting me started going to concerts at the age of nine and helped me create an awesome hobby and tons of memories.
If anyone has any opinions on performers, venues, festivals you enjoyed please share them with me! I love to hear other’s experiences and find new artists to listen to. And I don’t mind taking a road trip!
Featured Photo & Photos in Grid Provided by Lauren Powers